12.01.2015

Cyclocross: Zdenek Štybar to ride - only - in Essen

Zdenek Štybar:
“After the Boonen and Friends Charity Event, I talked with my team and agreed that I wouldn’t do any cyclo-cross event this season, except Essen, and instead turn my attention to road training prior to the next season. If I compare my condition with the one I had last year I have to say that I’m a little bit behind schedule, which was obvious also last week-end in the Boonen and Friends Cyclo-cross. For me it’s a tough decision, because everybody knows how much I’m fond of this discipline, but I don’t want to race a cyclo-cross calendar without being in good condition, because it would be disrespectful for the organizers and the fans. I’m glad to ride Essen and meet my supporters there, as I have some great memories from this race and many friends there. Then, after Saturday, I will focus on my preparation for the road season joining my team in Denia for the first training camp of the season.” 

No comments: