1.22.2016

An Ordinary Day in a Commuter's Life and TDU 4 Results

Embedded image permalinkAn ordinary day in a commuter's life. This morning my train arrived with ten minutes of delay. But there was such a beautiful sun! And I was wearing some new gloves to replace the one I forgot yesterday on my bike and didn't found of course when I came back. The old ones were pink, very useful in case you decide to change your line. The new ones are black, not ideal, but they are a gift by my dad, so for free, and very confortable. 
Riding in the cold air of the morning was nice, waiting in the cold air of the morning my belated train not much. Still I'm not complaining because once arrived I had the time to take a good coffee, and it was really good!
Four hours of lessons in a lively class are both stimulating and tiring. I loved it. Then I had four more hours  of HACCP course and it was interesting. Back home around 7 pm, I'm cooked
As far as procycling, I had just the time to check the Tour Down Under's results. And to count the children died today AGAIN in our sea. Be human: stop it! 
On my train this morning there was a man from Senegal: desperate. He has no money to go back to his family in Segal and no money to pay for documents allowing him to stay here. He worked for almost ten years in a small town in Tuskany offering his help to the costumers of a supermarket for one euro each one, then, a week ago, he had a fight with a guard who called the police. As a result he got a three years bann from that town! Three years! man, that's incredible. He didn't beated or robbed or raped anybody. "God sees it all" he said. I hope so.

Siamon Gerrans:
“I am absolutely thrilled with that. I think quite a few people are surprised, myself included. We had a really good run in to the finish as you guys saw. What the team was able to do to set me up for the intermediate sprint and then gain for final, they are really making my life as easy as possible. I have a few Tour Down Under’s under my belt now, so I do know that finish quite well, as does Daryl who led me out today for the final 400 metres and that really worked out in our favour. I still have to be attentive going into Willunga tomorrow. We have a nice little buffer there but there is still a heck of a lot of work to be done."

Giacomo Nizzolo:
"It was a hard race with a fast start up the first climb, and personally, I paid for this deep effort already. Then the crucial moment was the last climb, and the peloton went up full gas and only 30-35 riders made it over in the front group. I was with a group of around 20 with Boy [Van Poppel] and Ryder [Hesjedal] about 15-20 seconds behind. Boy and Ryder did a fantastic job, they pulled full gas with some other teams, and we got back with 5-6kms to go. In the sprint I did not have my usual power – I was tired from the earlier efforts – and  I am happy with the third. We got a good podium in a really, really hard stage. Third…yeah, maybe if I didn't have to close the gap I could have done more in the end; then I could make it first or second through the first corner and do a really good leadout. But a lot of energy was spent just to make it into the first group. I was also dropped in the first climb so to go from the gruppetto at the start and make it in the first group at the end – I think we can say it's not a bad job today."

RESULTS
STAGE
1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica–GreenEdge 3:13:59  
2 Ben Swift (GBr) Team Sky  
3 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek–Segafredo  
4 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff  
5 Leigh Howard (Aus) IAM Cycling  
6 Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (Rsa)  
7 Sergey Lagutin (Rus) Team Katusha  
8 Alexey Tsatevitch (Rus) Team Katusha  
9 Nathan Haas (Aus) Team Dimension Data  
10 Enrico Battaglin (Ita) LottoNL–Jumbo
GC
1 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica–GreenEdge 13:41:58
2 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff 0:00:14
3 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:26
4 Sergio Henao (Col) Team Sky 0:00:28
5 Steve Morabito (Sui) FDJ
6 Ruben Fernandez Andujar (Esp) Team Movistar
7 Domenico Pozzovivo (Ita) AG2R La Mondiale
8 Michael Woods (Can) Cannondale 0:00:32
9 Rafael Valls Ferri (Esp) Lotto Soudal 0:00:36

10 Richie Porte (Aus) BMC Racing Team
Points classification
1 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff 46 pts
2 Simon Gerrans (Aus) Orica–GreenEdge 43
3 Rohan Dennis (Aus) BMC Racing Team 27
4 Caleb Ewan (Aus) Orica–GreenEdge 23
5 Ben Swift (GBr) Team Sky 23
Mountains classification
1 Sergio Henao (Col) Team Sky 26 pts
2 Michael Woods (Can) Cannondale 12
3 Richie Porte (Aus) BMC Racing Team 12
4 Manuele Boaro (Ita) Tinkoff 10
5 Sean Lake (Aus) UniSA-Australia 10
Young rider classification
1 Jay McCarthy (Aus) Tinkoff 13:42:12
2 Ruben Fernandez Andujar (Esp) Team Movistar 0:00:14
3 Patrick Bevin (NZl) Cannondale 0:00:36
Team classification
1 Cannondale Pro Cycling Team 41:08:01
2 Movistar Team 0:00:01
3 Astana Pro Team 0:00:14

No comments: