2.03.2016

Cyclocross: Parkcross in Maldegem

Embedded image permalink
Pic by Eric Bergmans ‏@Ericksku 
Small race, great names, including the brand new World Champions. 
As far as Elite Women, Sanne Cant won. 
As far as Elite Men, the race is on amd Michael Vanthourenhout is leading with Laurens Sweeck.
Half away in the race Michael Vanthourenhout is solo with an advantage of  15" on Van Aert, Sweeck, Pauwels, Simunek and Vermeersch. 
And the winner is Michael Vanthourenhout who gets the first victory of the season.

Michael Vanthourenhout:
"Today my legs were feeling quite differently than in Zolder, much better. In Laurens Sweeck I immediately found a perfect break mate. We talked and got quickly a good gap. When I understood that the others were coming back I speeded up a bit. It was too much for Laurens Sweeck, I found immediately a good rytme keept it keep my own untill the end. Behind me there were Kevin Pauwels and Gianni Vermeersch who did the necessary stoppers' work so I could stay away until the finish line. Today I can flush on the disappointment for the World Cup with a victory. That's wonderful."
Embedded image permalink
Pic by Soetkin Desloovere ‏@sdesloovere 

RESULTS
Elite Women
1. Sanne Cant
2. Sophie De Boer
3. Loes Sels
Elite Men 
1. Michael Vanthourenhout
2. Kevin Pauwels
3. Radomir Simunek
...
Embedded image permalink
Pic by Kristof Meul ‏@KristofMeul 
6. Wout van Aert

FULL RESULTS HERE
Embedded image permalink
Pic by Soetkin Desloovere ‏@sdesloovere 

No comments: