2.07.2016

Etoile de Bessèges Sum Up

coppel jerome
Embedded image permalink
Jerome Coppelle:
«I was hoping to win the stage but to win also the overall is even more beautiful.
I knew that against the rouleurs I must make the difference in the last two kms. I started very fast but saved some energy. On the last mur I really gave it all but I didn't think I get such a gap.
The time trial is a discipline I love and I knew that if I didn't lose too much time in the first days I had a good card to play in the final stage.
I didn't think I could close the gap with Sylvain Chavanel (14’’). I knew that the last two kms  were hard but I gave it all to have no regret. There was a strong tail wind before the last climb and I was riding really fast. I just had to keep some power to start the last ramp. 
It's a short ITT but it's important to manage your energy.
I'm very happy with IAM Cycling. We have good bikes, we work very well on the time trial and when this pays back it's a good feeling. Last year all went well on the time trials and I hope this year it's going to be the same. My shape is good and an early win gives you morale. I really like this race and a victory here confirms I had a good winter.  It gives an idea of my preparation. 
My goals are later: le Tour de Romandie, le Tour de Suisse or le Critérium du Dauphiné, the ITT national championship where I hope I can keep my jersey and I especially hope to race le Tour. The bronze medal in Richmond last year set me free. Since when I became a pro the time trials have always been my speciality, I negletted it a little before I started working on it seriously again. I finally managed to become the national champion of France and that's something I really wanted before the end of my career."
Source http://www.jeromecoppel.com/downloads/plaisir.pdf

RESULTS
Stage 1 - Bellegarde › Beaucaire COQUARD Bryan GC  COQUARD Bryan
Stage 2 - Nîmes › Mejannes Le Clap COQUARD Bryan GC  COQUARD Bryan
Stage 3 - Bessèges › Bessèges CHAVANEL Sylvain GC  CHAVANEL Sylvain
Stage 4 - Tavel › Laudun MADRAZO Ángel GC  CHAVANEL Sylvain
Stage 5 (ITT) - Alès › Alès COPPEL Jérome GC  COPPEL Jérome 
FINAL GC
1 COPPEL Jérome IAM Cycling
2 GALLOPIN TonyLotto Soudal
3 PINOT Thibaut FDJ
4 CHAVANEL Sylvain Direct Energie
5 VICHOT Arthur FDJ

No comments: