3.05.2016

Driedaagse van West-Vlaanderen 2: Groenewegen

At the start
There is a break-away including Vervaeke, Alaphilippe, Baldo, Cornu, Denz, Restrepo, Rickaert and Van Breussegem. 28 km to go they have 1'45 on the peloton.
11 km to go the peloton is chasing and the gap is down to just 30''. Break caught, Dylan Groenewegen wins in a bunch sprint. Tom Bohli keeps his Yellow Jersey.

Dylan Groenewegen:
“With two kilometres to go, Robert Wagner crashed. From that moment, I had to do it all by myself. There were three riders still in front of the peloton and because I was on the front of the peloton when we caught them, just before the final turn, I decided to start sprinting immediately. I was able to hold the lead fortunately. It’s nice to start the season in a good way, so I wanted to peak early, this season. That’s what I’m doing at the moment and my shape’s getting better every week.”

Tosh Van der Sande:
"2nd place ! Perfect job of my @Lotto_Soudal mates but @GroenewegenD was stronger... ! @LouisVervaeke you almost made it , strong ride #3dwvl "

Louis Vervaeke:
"Could smell my first pro-win but they toke it away with 350 m to go. #dissapointed"

MORE TO COME

RESULTS
DAY 2
1 Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
2 Tosh Van Der Sande (Bel) Lotto Soudal
3 Baptiste Planckaert (Bel) Wallonie-Bruxelles
4 Timothy Dupont (Bel) Veranda's Willems
5 Gediminas Bagdonas (Ltu) AG2R La Mondiale
6 Gerry Druyts (Bel) Team 3M
7 Borut Bozic (Slo) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
8 Amaury Capiot (Bel) Topsport Vlaanderen - Baloise
9 Yauheni Hutarovich (Blr) Fortuneo - Vital Concept
10 Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Wanty - Groupe Gobert
GC
1. Tom Bohli 

No comments: