6.18.2016

Cycling So Far: Ster ZLM Toer - A Superb Victory by Sep Vanmarcke

You know I have my favourites and Sep Vanmarcke is definitely one: he's a fighter and with a lot of class. He's very focused on the cobbled classics and I'm sure he's going to win the Ronde and the Roubaix one day. So far every win is nice, isn't it?
I'm not covering the Ster ZLM Toer but I couldn't skip this one: BRAVO! stage and jersey. Well done!
Can he keep it tomorrow?

Sep Vanmarcke:
“I haven’t won a race since September 2014, so I felt that I really had the need to grab another victory. The whole team pushed to their limits to give me the chance to win this one. Timo Roosen sacrificed himself on the final climb and I broke away just before the steepest part. It’s a perfect scenario to grab the leader’s jersey, as well. I don’t have much of advantage, but it’s going to be very hard for De Bie to close that five-second gap. We’re doing a great job with the whole team this week and we’re ready to defend this jersey.”

RESULTS
Stage 1 (ITT) - Goes › Goes VAN EMDEN Jos  VAN EMDEN Jos
Stage 2 - Oss › Oss KREDER Wesley  VAN EMDEN Jos
Stage 3 - Buchten › Buchten GROENEWEGEN Dylan  DE BIE Sean
Stage 4 - Verviers › La Gileppen VANMARCKE Sep  VANMARCKE SepStage 5 - Someren › Boxtel

No comments: