6.22.2016

Italian National Championship: Elisa Longo Borghini and Manuel Quinziato win the Time Trial Title


Manuel Quinziato:
"I was on the podium three times before and I hadn't raced the championships the past six years. I'm really happy that I finally got the jersey because I had never won it.
On the first lap I went through the check point down on Boaro but then on the last lap I kept it really steady and really came home hard. In the end I had a really good gap. The level was pretty high with riders like Boaro and Moser so to have won by a lot is really nice. 
I'll have my first chance to wear the national champion's jersey at the Tour of Poland in July as there is a time trial there so I can't wait! I feel confident ahead of the road race on Sunday. I haven't had a really good look at the parcours yet but I know that it is a good parcours for me because it should be pretty fast with a small climb every loop. It's not like a 4000m climb like there has been the last couple of years. My mood is good and my shape is good so I'm definitely going to try."

RESULTS
Women
1 Elisa Longo Borghini (Ita) Wiggle High5
2 Tatiana Guderzo (Ita) Hitec Products
3 Silvia Valsecchi (Ita) Bepink
Men
1 Manuel Quinziato (Ita) BMC Racing Team  
2 Manuele Boaro (Ita) Tinkoff Team   
3 Moreno Moser (Ita) Cannondale Pro Cycling

No comments: