6.22.2016

Polish National Championship: Maciej Bodnar wins the Time Trial Title

Maciej Bodnar:
"I'm so happy - it was a difficult period for me after the crash, so today's win is very special. I was calm with the team before the race and had my family and girlfriend here too which was really nice. Everything went really well, we never lost concentration, even when I was 30 seconds down at the first check. Also as its Olympic year the win gives me a big chance to race there for Poland.
I came here from the Tour de Suisse which was a really hard race with tough conditions, but I recovered well. Today was 53km and over 30 degrees so it was tough but the numbers were good. Last year I came back after a crash to win at the Tour of Poland and I've come back again to win here.
For Sunday's road race we have a really strong team - the parcours is difficult, but I feel good and we have Rafal and Pawel who are going well. I think we are in a good position to make the race but it is always difficult against the Polish teams with up to 15 riders so we will have to be clever."

RESULTS
MEN

1. Maciej Bodnar (POL) Tinkoff 1:07:28
2. Marcin Bialoblocki (POL) One Pro Cycling +00:00:28

3. Mateusz Taciak (POL) CCC Sprandi Polkowice +00:01:29

No comments: