6.30.2016

Tour de France: "The third week is always the most important" Alberto Contador said...


Alberto Contador:
"The right conditions are in place to fight for the final victory.
I feel better and fresher than last year. I'm more confident at the start of this Tour. Chris Froome is the big favourite. He knows how to win the Tour and moreover he can count on a strong team just like in the previous years.
But I'm not going to underestimate Nairo Quintana. He also has a very strong team and in the last week of a grand tour he's always very strong. For me h's as great a favorite as Froome.
It will be a tough tour from the first kilometer, but the third week is always the most important. Until the queen stage (stage 20) I expect an open fight.
The decisive factor will be each ones' condition: who will be able to recover better. That's good. I worked hard after the Dauphiné, where I was still lacking some speed."

Tinkoff Tour Team

31  Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa)
32  Peter Sagan (Svk)
33  Roman Kreuziger (Cze)
34  Maciej Bodnar (Pol)
35  Robert Kiserlovski (Cro)
36  Oscar Gatto (Ita)
37  Matteo Tosatto (Ita)
38  Michael Valgren Andersen (Den)
39  Rafał Majka (Pol)

No comments: