8.18.2016

Fabian Cancellara's Last Gold: "I'm just happy now. I'm just grateful."


Fabian Cancellara:
"That was a perfect day to write history and to look back at everything you've done. 
To end my story as an athlete in this way, it's fantastic. It's what I wanted more. 
I had a great career. The Gold of Rio is above that of Beijing, I knew that was my last chance. In my career I won gold 3 times, it happened. 
I rode saving energy in the first lap, I knew I would have to do that. I have found the key to get through the day and I'm just happy now. I'm just grateful. 
For me it's important to enjoy this gold medal. Today, tomorrow and at home with my family. I don't know what I'll do next. I just want to have fun. "

Source: 
http://www.radsport-news.com/sport/sportnews_100263.htm
That's what Luca Guercilena wrote him just before the race.

No comments: