8.30.2016

La Vuelta 7: Victor Campenaerts : "I tried to stay as long as possible in front, but that was just for fun."

Victor Campenaerts 
"I felt good and was happy that I could go along with the escape. Of course, you hope that the sprinters' teams are not interested in this stage. But if you see the gap remains the same, you know that the peloton is controling the break. 
With only 40 kilometers to go, suddenly there was the pack and I tried with Mate (Cofidis) to stay as long as possible in front, but that was just for fun. With Astana on the front and with 40 kilometres to go,  you know it does not make sense anymore. I have a good feeling and I hope that I can hold this the coming weeks, I look forward to the time trial in the last week. I wonder how my legs will feel in my first grand tour." 

RESULTS 
STAGE 
1 Jonas Vangenechten (Bel) IAM Cycling 3:55:44
2 Daniele Bennati (Ita) Tinkoff Team
3 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team
4 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) BMC Racing Team
5 Kévin Reza (Fra) FDJ
6 Gediminas Bagdonas (Ltu) AG2R La Mondiale
7 Gianni Meersman (Bel) Etixx - Quick-Step
8 Kristian Sbaragli (Ita) Dimension Data
9 Romain Hardy (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
10 Tosh Van Der Sande (Bel) Lotto Soudal
11 Luis Leon Sanchez (Spa) Astana Pro Team
12 Florian Senechal (Fra) Cofidis, Solutions Credits
13 Jose Joaquin Rojas (Spa) Movistar Team
14 Jan Bakelants (Bel) AG2R La Mondiale
15 Gregor Muhlberger (Aut) Bora-Argon 18
16 Ben Hermans (Bel) BMC Racing Team
17 Axel Domont (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
18 Pierre-Roger Latour (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale
19 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky
20 Fumiyuki Beppu (Jpn) Trek-Segafredo
GC
1 Darwin Atapuma (Col) BMC Racing Team 25:41:05
2 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Movistar Team 0:00:24
3 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:32
4 Nairo Quintana (Col) Movistar Team 0:00:38
5 Esteban Chaves (Col) Orica-BikeExchange
6 Samuel Sanchez (Spa) BMC Racing Team 0:01:07
7 Leopold Konig (Cze) Team Sky 0:01:12
8 Peter Kennaugh (GBr) Team Sky 0:01:14
9 Gianluca Brambilla (Ita) Etixx - Quick-Step 0:01:22
10 Simon Yates (GBr) Orica-BikeExchange 0:01:28

No comments: