9.24.2016

Eneco Tour 6 - Luka Pibernik: "At 250 meters to the arrival I prefered to begin my progression and it was the winning choice"


Luka Pibernik:
Photo published for Pibernik surprises sprinters in Lanaken“I won my first World Tour race, I’m very satisfied. LAMPRE-MERIDA approached each stage of the Eneco Tour with a battling spirit, today it was my turn to try to join the breakaways and I succeeded in joining the right one.
The cooperation between the breakaway’s members was very good, we were only focused on defending our advantage on the peloton.

Only when we entered in the final kilometer, I realized that we had the opportunity to won the stage: in my opinion, Gougeard was the strongest rider in the breakway, so I decided to begin the sprint following him, however at 250 meters to the arrival I prefered to begin my progression and it was the winning choice“.


RESULTS
STAGE

1 L. Pibernik
2 M. McNally
3 B. Van Lerberghe
4 A. Gougeard
5 C. Haga
GC
1 R. Dennis 18:09:37
2 T. Phinney '16
3 T. Martin '24
4 P. Sagan '27
5 N. Terpstra '27

No comments: