9.27.2016

Eneco Tour 7 - Edvald Boasson Hagen: "The wet made the race difficult so you had to stay focused."

Edvald Boasson Hagen:
"I am really happy with how the stage went today. I was always in the right place at the key moments thanks to my team. The race was hard but that suited me well. I was feeling strong but the wet made the race difficult so you had to stay focused. We got away with a very strong group and it was important to not waste energy. I came to Eneco with the goal of possibly winning a stage and the overall but the overall didn't go to plan. So I was really motivated to win today's stage. I knew Terpstra would be going for the overall so I tried to ride clever, using that to my advantage but Naesen was there and he was very strong. In the final I tried save all I could for the last 200m. I am happy it was enough to win the stage."

RESULTS
STAGE
1. Boasson Hagen
2. Terpstra
3. Naesen
4. Dumoulin
5. Van Avermaet
GC
1. Tersptra
2. Naesen
3. Sagan

No comments: