9.24.2016

Giro dell'Emilia - Esteban Chaves: "In the last 500 metres when everyone was without fire I tried."

Esteban Chaves:
“It was a really good day for the team. I know the climb because I did this race four years ago so I know that everyone usually attacks early in the final. 
I stayed calm and just followed Fabio Aru because his team Astana were working a lot. In the last 500 metres when everyone was without fire I tried.
It is good that I had the legs to win as the team today was unbelievable. We had Keukeleire in the break and then Jack Haig, Damien Howson and Amets Txurruka put me in good position before the final circuit so it was really good.”

RESULTS
1 Esteban Chaves (ORICA-BikeExchange) 5:27:28
2 Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale) +0:02
3 Rigoberto Uran (Cannondale-Drapac) +0:03

No comments: