9.27.2016

GP Beghelli - Nicola Ruffoni: "At 150 meters I opened the gas and crossed the line."

Nicola Ruffoni:
“Most of the credit for today’s win belongs to my teammates. Our goal in the morning was to create the right conditions for a sprint and I was the appointed leader, but the finale was a really hard challenge for my legs
When the peloton split, we were 35 riders in the leading group. Orica started an incredible forcing to put the sprinters out of the game. Teammates supported me on the final steep climb, then took me in the leading positions. I had to sprint at least in third position I would take the win. Simion and Colbrelli managed the final km in the best way. At 250 Sonny was first and I was second. At 150 meters I opened the gas and crossed the line.
My season so far has been pretty good. The start was not so great, then I found the right continuity in my performances and at Tour of Austria I broke the ice. The second place at Coppa Bernocchi was a pity, but today’s win was a good way to forget it. I’m happy for what I did, but I want to go further. I know I can grow again. My goal is improving the level of my performances in the most important race of the calendar. The #GreenTeam showed to believe in me and I want to payback their trust."

RESULTS
1. Ruffoni
2. Pozzato
3. Keukeleire.

No comments: