9.06.2016

La Vuelta 16 - Chris Froome: "That's cycling, things can change in the blink of an eye and I've got to keep fighting to the end."

Chris Froome:
"I'm still in second place, which obviously I'm happy about, but I am a lot further back than I was going into yesterday, so obviously that was a big blow. 
But that's cycling, things can change in the blink of an eye and I've got to keep fighting to the end. Of course I'm not just going to give up now.
It's less possible than it was before but it doesn't mean I'm going to stop trying.
There was a lot of talk about potential crosswinds and you could see all the teams were thinking about that. It was quite a nervous peloton, everyone was really on guard today and didn't want to see a repeat of yesterday certainly.
It was a technical run-in, so we wanted to be on the front end of it, you could see Tinkoff were thinking the same thing, they had numbers up there. But it was more about being up there and not getting caught out today.
It's difficult to say what's actually better out on the road. Yesterday's stage on paper was not the hardest stage but we've seen the biggest gaps in the race so far. It really depends on what the riders decide and what tactics prevail."

No comments: