9.12.2016

La Vuelta 21 - Chris Froome: "I think we learnt a lesson on stage 15. Inevitably that cost us the race"

Chris Froome:
"This has definitely been my most successful season to date. I think I can be happy with how things have gone. Of course I can't help but have wanted more out of this Vuelta - but at the same time it's been a great race. As a team we've fought hard.
I think we learnt a lesson on stage 15 and we weren't prepared at the beginning of the stage. Inevitably that cost us the race - but I think we can still be happy with what we've achieved here. Second place overall, winning the team time trial, winning on Pena Cabarga was a special day for me, and also the time trial. So I think all in all I'm certainly going into the office season looking forward to spending some time with the family, and happy with how things have gone.
The fans are one of the reasons why I love coming to the Vuelta. The people make the race really special. The passion of the fans, and the way they cheer for all the riders, not just the Spanish riders, makes it really special and enjoyable. At the same time it's one of the hardest races on our calendar, but enjoyable at the same time.
I definitely think (the double) is possible. I've finished second here and I won the Tour. So I came close, and I'll have to be back again in the future to try again. Maybe that could be my objective for next year."

No comments: