9.12.2016

La Vuelta 21 - Fabio Felline Wins The Green Jersey: "This jersey is not just for me..."

Fabio Felline:
"Today I saw all my teammates focused for this jersey and they were always close to me in the race. It motivated me to see them focused on one goal today. It was strange; never did I feel the sensation during the race that this jersey is mine. The legs were not super for a good sprint; I felt the effort of yesterday. 
In the finish, I did not have great legs, and I saw Valverde in the front, and I thought I need to give the maximum. Finally, though, he did not do the sprint, and I only needed to finish safely to defend the jersey. 
This jersey is not just for me, but for the whole team, and all the people who stayed close to me after I crashed in Amstel Gold. It's easy to stay close with people when things are good, but when there are problems, you are always alone. This jersey is not a victory, but it is a big value for me, and I want to dedicate it to the people who supported me during this time."

No comments: