9.27.2016

Niki Terpstra wins Eneco Tour: "The Muur van Geraardsbergen has a special place in cycling and it means a lot for me to seal the overall victory here."

Niki Terpstra:
“I’m extremely happy and proud to finish off this great job of the team, who was incredible today! The Muur van Geraardsbergen has a special place in cycling and it means a lot for me to seal the overall victory here. 
We were aware of the fact that we had several cards to play in the general classification at the start of the day and we were keen to make use of these numbers. 
When it started to rain, we were already on the attack and we gave it our all to keep tht advantage. We rode a really smart race today and Bob did a fantastic job at the front, so I must thank him for his huge pace setting. In the closing kilometers of the stage, my focus was to stay with the other riders and make sure I win this beautiful race, which I did in the end. It’s a great day in my career.” 

No comments: