9.27.2016

Sonny Colbrelli wins Tre Valli Varesine: "Heavy race and five stars contenders have made this race really hard."

Sonny Colbrelli:
“This is the most important victory of the season. Heavy race and five stars contenders have made this race really hard. Two years ago I got very closed to win it, today I had my payback thanks to a great support of my team and a great team director, who managed the race in the best way. 
Since the first kilometers we understood it should be a hard race. At five laps to the finish, few attacks opened the fire and race rhythm increased. Final action of Uran has been decisive. I followed him with Ulissi and Gavazzi, saved much energy as possible and waited for the sprints. Everything was perfect.
I want to dedicate my win to the team and to Reverberi family. They have a big merit If I achieved this level of performances. It was not an easy choice change team next year, because I feel this group like a family, but I had a big chance to make a new quality step in my career. Any chances to be part of Italian team at Qatar World Champ? Honestly, I did my best to persuade CT Cassani and I don’t want to think too much about this right now. If I’ll receive a call, I’ll be super-happy and proud to wear the Italian team. If not, I’ll be the first supporter”.

RESULTS
1. Colbrelli
2. Ulissi
3. Gavazzi

No comments: