10.01.2016

Esteban Chaves wins Il Lombardia: "This team is truly special because they work with the heart"

Esteban Chaves:
"It was a dream for me to win Il Lombardia. I can't believe I've won this race. This is a monument. When I turned professional, I settled down here in Bergamo. I knew the roads but I wasn't sure if I could win today. In the final, I tried to make a difference on the cobbles but Rigoberto (Uran) followed so I had to stay calm and go for the sprint, which is not my forte but I gave everything and I'm so happy that I made it.
Today was a really amazing result for me and I can say that dreams come true, but this is not accidental this is because all of the team worked for this result. This team is truly special because they work with the heart and when you work with the heart you can achieve these results. So it is thanks to ORICA-BikeExchange for believing in me."

RESULTS
1. Esteban Chaves (ORICA-BikeExchange) 6:26:36
2. Diego Rosa (Astana) 
3. Rigoberto Uran (Cannonade-Drapac) 

No comments: