11.09.2016

Cyclocross: Lars van der Haar out with injury: "I have worked extremely hard to get back to a good level. That's very hard to accept"

Bad news for Lars van der Haar, he anticipated it yesterday but now it's official. I'm really gutted. Really.

Team Giant Alpecin Physician Anko Boelens: 
“After a first check-up at the hospital after the race, the initial scans indicated that Lars had suffered a muscle injury. Further medical examinations through an MRI scan revealed a tear in his left rectus femoris muscle. The average recovery time for such an injury is around 12 weeks. Although we hope that Lars’ current minor discomforts are signs of a prosperous recovery. He will now commence his rehabilitation programme.”

Lars van der Haar:
“It’s very disappointing to have another setback. I have worked extremely hard to get back to a good level and to get a new injury is very hard to accept. I have mixed emotions, after finding out the full extent of the injury. I will remain positive because I want to get better again, but I feel quite tired at the moment.”

No comments: