1.21.2017

Cyclocross: Lars van der Haar wins in Rucphen... and more results

Pic by Ad Pertijs ‏@adpertijs
Lars van der Haar:
"This gives me confidence. I had a different approach than in the previous races, when my first lap was always the weakest. This time I attacked immediately and put up the pace. After half a lap I would have to see how the cards lay. It paid out.: I got a 8'' gap. I was surprised! I also saw that Jim Aernouts was doing an excellent stopper work in the chasing group. No need to wait anymore, so I went solo to the finish line. 
Here today some of my main opponents were not present.  In Hoogerheide we'll see where I stand in the highest level raciing. Still, I especially hope to get my best form in the World Cup. "

Jim Aernouts:
"At the start I couldn't stay on Lars' wheel and I ended up in the chase group with Godrie. Though obviously I don't chase a teammate, so I tried as far as possible to play the stopper and when Lars' lead was big enough, I went solo. 
Also my legs were good. Too bad that I couldn't go with Lars in the first lap. I don't think I would have finished on his wheel. Anyway I demonstrated that my condition is good. Hopefully I can keep on until the end of the season."

[My translation fron HERE, don't be too harsh.]

RESULTS
Elite Women
1. Laura Verdonschot
2. Nikki Brammeier
3. Maud Kaptheijns.
Elite Men
1. Lars van der Haar
2. Jim Aernouts
3. Stan Godrie
4. Marek Konwa
5. Marcel Meisen
6. David van der Poel
Junior men
1. Niels Vandeputte,
2. Arno van den Broeck,
3. Vince van den Eynden.

No comments: