2.12.2017

Mountain - Hiking Itineraries: from Rosano to Poggio Alberaccio

Image may contain: mountain, grass, sky, tree, outdoor and natureBirds decided it's spring and they are singing very loud on those trees, that are honestly green. 
The first flowers are blooming in the meadows, and the sun in the sky is definitely warm. I have dropped my son in Pontassieve for his cycling team training, driven to Rosano for a coffee and now I'm walking on the CAI track n. 1, climbing to Poggio Alberaccio, mostly on a steep dirty road, among hills covered in olive trees and oak woods.
Image may contain: sky, house and outdoorAncient rural houses and villas, the church of  San Martino a Prugnano (or San Prugnano) built in the early X century. A plaque remember the many villagers killed in an airstrike in 1944, whole families, children, a 5 months baby... You think: HERE? in the middle of nothing? Yep, because the USA or UK airplanes used to drop their unused bombs random to be lighter in their way back. 
Image may contain: 1 person, mountain, outdoor and natureBirds are singing in a silence almost unreal. The track gets steeper, I reach the crest in Poggio Masso Tondo and after a while I find a fork: left to Incontro, right to Case Romolo on the CAI track 00 and Poggio Alberaccio. 
What a beautiful view toward Florence! 
While I take a rest sitting on the grass a fat big hare dashes across the road: the privilege  of a solitary trekker! 
But no, I'm not alone... my love is always with me.
Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature"Your body is away from me
but there is a window open" as Rumi said
"from my heart to yours.
From this window, like the moon,
I keep sending news secretly..."
Nice words. A a nice walk this one, in spite I have forgotten my mountain boots: you can see here my shoes, not yet Nepali style fli-flops but still...

Time: 4 hours
Elevation: 400m
Where: Valdarno, Tuscany, Italy
Start and finish: Rosano (Pontassieve, Firenze). It's possible to arrive by train.
Summit: Poggio Alberaccio (550 m?)
Signals: CAI 1 (red and white)
Image may contain: shoesThings to see: The monastry in Rosano, the ancient church in San Prugnano, many rural houses, the view of Florence from Poggio Alberaccio.

No comments: