2.04.2017

Procycling: Marcel Kittel wins Dubai Tour

Sand storm, punching, sprinting too. Not my favourite race. Anyway - punched - Marcel Kittel won it. Dylan Groenewegen looked good, but Mark Cavendih and Elia Viviani are also there. John Degenkolb took his first victory in Trek's colours and Alex Dowsett scored a nice 10 place in the final GC. Bravo Jean-Pierre Drucker: 4th!

Marcel Kittel:
“I'm extremely proud of what I achieved today: my second Dubai Tour overall in a row, my 75th career victory... When I came back to Dubai, I thought this is a nice race, it's a goal for me, but I didn't think it would go so well. The team did a really god job. It's a very nice way to start the season. It was a short stage after the cancellation of stage 4 and we tried to control the race from the very beginning. The breakaway wasn't too big so it went very well for us. At the end, it didn't go exactly according to the plan because Fabio Sabatini's chain fell off. He was supposed to be my last lead out man, so I had to go by myself but at the end I was well positioned, so I could do my sprint as I wanted to."

RESULTS
STAGE 1
1 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Quick-Step Floors 4:06:33
2 Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
3 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Dimension Data
STAGE 2
1 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Quick-Step Floors 4:25:33
2 Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo
3 Jakub Mareczko (Ita) Wilier Triestina
STAGE 3
1 John Degenkolb (Ger) Trek-Segafredo 4:03:08
2 Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (RSA) Dimension Data
3 Sonny Colbrelli (Ita) Bahrain-Merida
STAGE 4
Cancealed for extreme weather conditions
STAGE 5
1 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Quick-Step Floors
2 Elia Viviani (Ita) Team Sky
3 Riccardo Minali (Ita) Astana Pro Team
FINAL GC
1 Marcel Kittel (Ger) Quick-Step Floors
2 Dylan Groenewegen (Ned) Team LottoNl-Jumbo 0:00:18
3 John Degenkolb (Ger) Trek-Segafredo 0:00:20
4 Jean-Pierre Drucker (Lux) BMC Racing Team 0:00:24
5 Elia Viviani (Ita) Team Sky 0:00:24
6 Thomas Stewart (GBr) ONE Pro Cycling 0:00:24
7 Riccardo Minali (Ita) Astana Pro Team 0:00:27
8 Mark Cavendish (GBr) Dimension Data 0:00:26
9 Reinardt Janse Van Rensburg (RSA) Dimension Data 0:00:27
10 Alex Dowsett (GBr) Movistar Team 0:00:27
Blue Jersey and Red Jersey (Points) Marcel Kittel,
White Jersey (Best Young Rider) Dylan Groenewegen (Team Lotto NL - Jumbo)
UAE Flag Jersey, (Intermediate Sprint Jersey Classification) Nicola Boem (Bardiani CSF).

1 comment:

Lilas Tourism said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post . It is important and very useful, and the articles are nice to share everyone.
Lilas Tourism UAE tour packages