3.23.2017

Procycling - E3-Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem: Sep Vanmarcke: "I want to focus on the race, not on the pain"

He's one of my favourite riders and this time of year is the focus of his season. The elusive victory in the Ronde and/or Paris-Roubaix remains his main goal and he worked hard to get there at the top of his shape. But he crashed in Strade Bianche and the consequences seem not completely over. He's going to test himself again in E3-Harelbeke and Gent-Wevelgem, two beautiful races that represent as well a valuable aim. Let's see whta he said!

Sep Vanmarcke:
"I'm fine. The ribs are not yet totally okay, but since this weekend I felt they’re improving. Doctors say I won't damage it more with racing, so that's good to know. I want to focus on the race, not on the pain.
Both in E3 and Gent-Wevelgem I've had several top five results, so they suit me well. But both are different races. E3 has more hills. Gent Wevelgem has the wind playing a key role. But both races I like. In both there is a very high level because the top of the classics riders are at the start with their best form. In both races it's really important to have good position at the right moments. There are many important sections, so there are many fights for position.
After the opening weekend, we had a good view on everything and everybody, so we could work from there. We are developing how to make it perfect.  I'm sure we will do well as a group here. Everybody has a good condition and really wants to do his work well."

Cannondale-Drapac for E3-Harelbeke
Alberto Bettiol (ITL)
Kristijan Koren (SVN)
Sebastian Langeveld (NLD)
Ryan Mullen (IRL)
Tom Scully (NZL)
Tom Van Asbroeck (BEL)
Dylan Van Baarle (NED)
Sep Vanmarcke (BEL)

Cannondale-Drapac for Gent-Wevelgem
Kristijan Koren (SVN)
Sebastian Langeveld (NLD)
Ryan Mullen (IRL)
Tom Scully (NZL)
Tom Van Asbroeck (BEL)
Dylan Van Baarle (NLD)
Sep Vanmarcke (BEL)
Wouter Wippert (NLD)

No comments: